Fees and Costs of Representation
Below are a sample of the fees charged by the Law Office of Samuel L. Pooler. Please keep in mind that, based upon your individual situation, the pricing may vary.
The Law Office of Samuel L. Pooler provides every prospective client with a LOW-COST initial consultation.
- 30 minute consultaion - $75
- 1-hour consultation - $125
*If the attorney is retained to perform any work on behalf of the potential client, the low-cost consultation fee will be deducted from the cost of representation.
Family Law Pricing
- Separation / Property Settlement Agreement: $1,000 - $1,250 (varies depending upon your case).
- Uncontested Dissolution (Marriage or Domestic Partnership): $1,500 (flat fee) plus court costs which varies based upon the county of residence.
- Contested Dissolution (Marriage or Domestic Partnership): starting at $2,500 (varies depending upon your case) plus court costs.
Please Note: A $450 non-refundable retainer fee is applicable in all case where the attorney is retained to perform services on the client's behalf. An advanced fee deposit of at least $2,500 would be required prior to the attorney commencing work on your case depending upon the work to be performed.
Bankrupcty Filing Pricing
- Chapter 7: starting at $1,500 (single filer, up to 10 creditors).
- Chapter 13: starting at $2,000 (varies depending upon your case)
Additional Costs Associated with Bankruptcy Filings:
- Bankruptcy Court Filing Fees: Chapter 7 - $306 and Chapter 13 - $281.
- Credit Report: $30 ($50 for joint filings) - NO charge if credit reports are retrieved from the 3 major credit reporting agencies within 30 days of filing (visit www.annualcreditreport.com for free copies of credit reports).
- Court Mandated Counseling: Financial Management Court (costs vary based on provider) and Credit Counseling Course (costs vary based on provider).
- Rush Job (filing within 5 business days): $100 - $250 (varies based upon your case).
* A payment arrangement can be made for all fees; however, all fees must be paid in FULL before a bankruptcy can can be filed with the Bankruptcy Court. Chapter 13 fees can be included in the Chapter 13 Plan (creditor repayment agreement) after an initial payment of 20 percent of the total cost of your bankruptcy fee is paid upfront.