Fees and Costs of Representation
Below are a sample of the fees charged by the Law Office of Samuel L. Pooler. Please keep in mind that, based upon your individual situation, the pricing may vary.
The Law Office of Samuel L. Pooler provides every prospective client with a LOW-COST initial consultation.
- 30 minute consultaion - $100.00
- 1-hour consultation - $150.00
*If the attorney is retained to perform any work on behalf of the potential client, the low-cost consultation fee will be deducted from the cost of representation.
Family Law Pricing
- Separation / Property Settlement Agreement: $1,000.00 - $1,250.00 (varies depending upon your case).
- Uncontested Dissolution (Marriage or Domestic Partnership): $1,500.00 (flat fee) plus court costs which varies based upon the county of residence.
- Contested Dissolution (Marriage or Domestic Partnership): starting at $2,500.00 (varies depending upon your case) plus court costs.
Please Note: An advanced fee deposit of at least $3,000.00 would be required prior to the attorney commencing work on your case depending upon the work to be performed.
Wills, Trusts and Probate Pricing
a. Simple Will - $350.00 (flat fee); and,
b. Will which includes a durable power of attorney for finances and health care directive - $1,000.00 (flat fee)
a. Basic trust (living trust, irrevocable trust or revocable) - $1,000.00 (flat fee); and,
b. Complex trust ( special needs trust, Totten trust, spendthift trust) - $1,250.00. (flat fee).
The attorney's fee associated with the handling of a probate action is governed by California Probate Code § 10810. Purstant to that code section, the statutory probate fees are as follows:
a. Four (4) percent of the first $100,000.00;
b. Three (3) percent of the next $100,000.00;
c. Two (2) percent of the next $800,000.00;
d. One (1) percent of the next $900,000.00; and
e. One-half (1/2) of a percent for the next 15,000,000.00.
*For estates valued at more than $25,000,000.00, the court will set the appropriate fee.