Family law regulates the legal relationships of people who are connected to each other by marriage, civil unions, family and relations, or where there is a custodianship, trusteeship or legal guardianship in place. These cases can be, and often are, very complex. Because the circumstances involving these cases tend to be quite emotional and complicated due to their personal nature, it is highly recommended to seek advice of someone familiar with the laws governing these types of interpersonal relationships. If you having legal issues regarding marriage, adoption, divorce or seeking custody of your children, I can guide you through the challenges you face no matter what they are.
For example, divorce is something that we all hope to avoid. However, it may be the only reasonable alternative sometimes. If you’re ever in this situation, remember that you have rights under the law. California is a community property state, so each spouse is entitle to an equitable share of all marital property. As someone who is familiar with the laws of California governing the distribution of marital property, I can help to ensure that in the event of a divorce, your legal rights remain secure.
My services in this area
- Drafting and reviewing of pre-nuptial agreements, marital settlement agreements and parenting plans;
- Handling of dissolution of marriage ("divorce") proceedings from beginning to end, including filing all necessary paperwork and attending any and all hearings;
- Handling all aspects of child custody and visitation proceedings, as well as child support;
- Handling all aspects of spousal support proceedings; and,
- Handling all aspects of division of community property, including addressing issues related qualified domestic relations orders ("QDROs").
Do you have questions or do you want to make an appointment in this area?
Call us at (510) 879-7560 or use our contact form.